After agreeing to trade Cousins to New Orleans, the Kings will still trade before the deadline, as the Pelicans are also expected to make a move.
A few hours ago it was confirmed that DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi would go to NOLA and in exchange the Pelicans would’ve sent Tyreke Evans, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, New Orleans’ 2017 first-round pick (Top 3 protected) and Philadelphia’s 2017 second-round pick.
Kings Post-Trade Moves and Rumors:
- “The Kings are expected to waive Matt Barnes to make the necessary roster room to complete the DeMarcus Cousins trade, league sources say”
- The Kings have already made available players like Darren Collison, Arron Afflalo and Ben McLemore. If the Kings go into a complete rebuilt, they could also move vets like Kosta Koufos, Anthony Tolliver and Tyreke Evans.
- Tyreke will be back to the team who drafted him, where he averaged 17.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 4.8 APG and 1.4 SPG in 34.9 Minutes Per Game, during 257 Games Played (247 as a Starter) throughout his 4 seasons in Sacramento.
- Kings roster now has 16 Players, including the rookies (Buddy Hield, Georgios Papagiannis, Skal Labissiere and Malachi Richardson) and the injured (Out for the rest of the season) Rudy Gay.
Pelicans Post-Trade Moves and Rumors:
- The Pelicans are expected to listen to trades for Terrence Jones (11.5 PPG, 5.9 RPG and 1 BLKPG in 24.8 MPG during 51 games), after signing another Bigman.
- Antonhy Davis reacted to the trade with a HUGE Smile: “This is an unbelievable weekend. All-Star MVP and now getting Boogie. It doesn’t ger better than this.”
- The Philadelphia 76ers now have one fewer suitor for Jahlil Okafor, with Cousins moving to NOLA.
- The Pelicans are also expected to add some talent to the Backup PG position, as they are considering signing Canton Charge guard Quinn Cook (MVP in the D-League All-Star Game, played this weekend) to a 10-day contract.